Thursday, May 31, 2007

A BIG month! - The Girls, Mothers Day, a run, Memorial Day and Connecticut

Okay since the last entry a fair bit has happened, the girls have been here which although its always tough having a full apartment we've made it work and I've enjoyed having them here. Coincidentally Aunty Judy, Cousin Stephanie Towers and briefly Anthony all made visits to NYC and it was great getting to catch up with them also.


Mothers Day this year was very cultural, we took mum to an east village cafe for brunch before heading up town to visit the Metropolitan Museum. I had been excited to show mum the Egyptian collection which contained a number 4000 year scarab beatles similar to the one I gave mum after my trip to Egypt last year.


Another event was the Wall Street Run, a charity run for heart diesease. On a thursday evening during rush hour authorities closed most of the streets in the financial district of manhattan. It was a rare oportunity to join 17,000 people and run around lower manhattan. I ran with a few of the guys from work and we completed the 5.3 kms in a respectible 26 minutes.


Finally last weekend was the Memorial Day long weekend similar to ANZAC Day in Australia. Camilla, Mum, Steph Smith, and I did a little road trip up to Rowayton Connecticut to see the town's memorial day parade, Steph's family and friends, and partake in a good old fashion BBQ. I had a great time and really enjoyed getting to know everyone. Is is an increadibly beautiful sea side town and on arrival mum was immediately trying to figure out how she could move there.


Now we're back in NYC and Camilla's boy Hiren is in town, they head back to Dubai tomorrow, followed by mum next week. The next big event will be my vacation in Spain, business trip to the UK, and maybe a weekend in paris to see lucy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ad, loved reading yr blog...I hope "H" behaved herself over there! I bet Elliott was happy to see her back! Love Kris Akhurst xxx